Monday, June 14, 2010

Why 'Outside The Box ' ?

Hello All.
My name is Tim Winstead and I am an aspiring cartoonist who, as you will soon see...likes to do things a little outside the box.By that, I mean that my style,artwork and just about anything I do is on par with the un orthodox.

When I first set up this blog, the term outside the box was loosly associated with
those individuals who in one way or another seem a bit left of center.
I thought about the term long and hard and try as I might, I could not justify
anything negative with being as they say.....'Outside the Box'.

Below is MY explanation of what being outside the box means to me.

'Outside the Box'

What does it mean to be outside the box?
Does it mean we don't measure up?
Or does it mean we don't take instruction well?
Perhaps being outside the box is a POSITIVE thing.
Maybe it just means we have different ways of being us.
Once regarded as strange or difficult to deal with,
those of us who ARE outside the box are just built
a little differently,that's all.
We're wired for thinking that goes against convention.

There is no right or wrong to our approach.
We just look at things on a slightly different slant.
This doesn't make us better problem solvers or better
at thinking things through.
It just means when a challenge presents itself and the
logical or lateral way of thinking is exhausted..going
' Outside the Box ' offers another perspective on an
issue.

We are not BETTER....We just work fron an angle not readily
aparent to those confined by tradition.

We ARE outside the box.......and damn proud of it.

No comments: